A FUN & STIMULATING EXPERIENCE FOR ALL
The Navan Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area through a stimulating exhibition packed full of information, artefacts and hands-on activities for all the family. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Ulster Cycle in the vibrant audio visual show. Witness the Celtic characters bring history to life in the Iron Age/Early Christian period dwelling with demonstrations of cooking, weaving, farming and much more. Finally, take a guided walk to the Navan Fort and be transported along the path of history.
The Centre offers so much for children, it’s perfect for any age. Kids can:
- Experience life as a Celt with the dressing up costumes.
- 'Dig' into the past in the archeo-pit - find bones, coins etc.
- Try their hand at some of the Celtic activities making shields, swords, brooches, necklaces and possibly even a little clay pig to take home!
- Complete the Navan trail to get a prize at the end.
- Touch history with the feely boxes... if they dare.
- Make their very own badge to take home as a gift or simply to remember their visit.
From Armagh City travel 3.2km (2 miles) on the Killylea/Caledon Road.