Uncover hundreds of stories of adventure, adversity, and triumph in the world’s only fully digital museum!
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum tells the moving and unforgettable story of the 10 million Irish people who left their homeland – and how they influenced and shaped the world.
Experience this story in 20 breath-taking and interactive galleries, complete with touchscreens, motion-sensor games, and a feast of audio and video to bring these one-of-a-kind tales to life! EPIC’s innovative all-digital approach makes for a museum like none you’ve ever seen before.
This top-rated attraction is a must-see for anyone with an interest in Irish culture and history. With galleries featuring music, literature, sports, politics, art, science, and more, there is something for everyone to learn about and enjoy! EPIC also houses the Irish Family History Centre, with a team of genealogy experts to help visitors explore and uncover their Irish roots.
- Travel back in time through 1,500 years of history
- Interact with the past in easy-to-use high-tech galleries
- Discover family-friendly exhibits full of entertainment and education
- Stamp your very own EPIC passport as you move through Irish history
- Connect with your ancestors at the Irish Family History Centre
- Experience a new and exciting museum unlike any other!
Awards & Accolades:
- European Museum of the Year 2018 - Shortlisted
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2018
- TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Award 2017 - Top 5 Irish Museums
- Children in Museums Award 2017 - Shortlisted - the only Irish museum selected for this prestigious European award
Epic is located in Dublin City in the vaults of The chq Building which is an 8 minute walk from O’Connell Street and 10 minutes from Trinity College. Easy access from Dart, 3 minutes from Connolly Station, and the Luas red line stops at the north entrance to building at George's Dock.